This Privacy, Cookie and Data Use Policy of Elite Crowdfunding Limited (hereinafter referred to as "MercyCrowd", "we" or "us") explains how and why we collect personal information about you, what our policy on cookies is and how we can use your information. We are committed to responsible management of personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. Please note that the registration number of Elite Crowdfunding Limited on the UK Data Protection Register is ZA123456 (see http://www.ico.org.uk).
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In order to receive certain information and to use certain services on this site you may be asked to provide personal information about yourself such as your name, address, email address, date of birth, investment preferences and copies of information such as your passport page and other proof of ID. When you provide this information to us you consent to our use of that information in accordance with the terms of this Privacy, Cookie and Data Use Policy. This information will be used (i) to provide you with the services that you have requested, (ii) to provide you with news and information about our services of the investee companies which are listed on this site, and (iii) generally in accordance with the uses permitted by this Privacy, Cookie and Data Use Policy. If you no longer want to receive certain information from us then just let us know by email and we will either stop sending it or have to de-register you from all or part of this site (depending on the information concerned).
STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
USE OF AND SHARING OF INFORMATION
We will not sell the personal information that we collect from you. We use the personal information which we collect from you to help us provide our services to you. Some data processing in relation to this site may be carried out for us by a third party (e.g. by our solicitors etc.) and in some cases that may mean that the third party will receive your personal information. Furthermore as part of you making an investment in a company which is listed on this site then the investee company and our solicitors will be passed your personal information as well as copies of your ID documents to enable the investee company to issue shares to you and to generally comply with the law and perform ID checks of its own. We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and generally to assist with the facilitation (by use of a platform but not by giving investment advice) and completion of the investments which users of this site wish to make in companies which are listed on this site;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and/or
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets (although this will be done under obligations of confidentiality);
- If the shares of Elite Crowdfunding Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its users, investors and investee companies will be one of the transferred assets (although again this will be done under obligations of confidentiality);
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (e.g. in the UK to the Police, the Financial Conduct Authority, the Information Commissioner etc.);
- In order to protect the rights, property, or safety of MercyCrowd, our users, or others. This includes without limitation exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of this site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of this site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around this site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way this site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to this site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to this site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make this site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose in accordance with the statements set out above.
This site logs your Internet Protocol (I.P.) address. All computers that are linked to the Internet have an I.P. number. An I.P. address does not provide identifiable personal information.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You are entitled under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of the personal information that we hold about you if you apply to us in writing. We may make a small charge of £10 for dealing with any such request. Please write to us at: The Directors Elite Crowdfunding Limited 2nd Floor, Office 200 1 Broadgate Circle London EC22QS UK
This site provides links to other websites. Our Privacy, Cookie and Data Use Policy applies only to this site and we are not responsible for the privacy and/or data capture and use practices of third party sites.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY, COOKIE AND DATA USE POLICY
Any changes we may make to our Privacy, Cookie and Data Use Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy, Cookie and Data Use Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org